[rspec-users] Associations should be private

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 22:10:01 EDT 2008

On Oct 02, 2008, at 2:38 am, Mark Wilden wrote:

> However, I say that there are too many things that need doing right
> now - right this second - to waste time on what may or may not
> happen in the future. Put another way, what are you willing to give
> up in order to add this layer?

Perhaps I was a bit terse (and opaque) with the comment "take the
first.  What I meant was that, yes, I see your point, and it's fine to
do it this way if it's a risk you're willing to take.  But if it
causes you problems, you should always fix the software, not
constantly refactor associations.

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/