[rspec-users] How do BOTH these examples pass?

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 11:32:53 EDT 2008

Ashley Moran <ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk> writes:

> On 1 Oct 2008, at 15:23, Pat Maddox wrote:
>
>> I think this may be a bug that I introduced recently.  Fortunately I
>> also think someone already wrote a patch :)  Check out
>> http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/548 and see if it
>> solves your problem.
>
> Aha!  That's it.
>
> That's a pretty bad bug though!  Will there be an RSpec 1.1.6 soon to
> patch it?

I don't know, we'll late David determine how critical it is and whether
it warrants a new release.

fwiw, I've run that code against several rails apps and open source
projects with no problems.  So while I agree that it's a nasty little
bug, I'm not sure how often it comes up in practice?  Maybe we can knock
out a bunch of outstanding bug reports in the next couple days and push
out 1.1.6.

Pat