[rspec-users] Cucumber: please make "gem install aslakhellesoy-cucumber" or "gem install cucumber" work again

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 11:20:32 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 5:11 PM, Chris Flipse <cflipse at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 5:20 PM, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Evan David Light
>> <lists at tiggerpalace.com> wrote:
>> > Subject says most of it.  I'd love to use Cucumber in my project but I
>> > need
>> > to be able to install it in a Rails app and by a particular version
>> > number.
>> >

>> You can do that with git pull and git checkout. Would it help if
>> detailed instructions were posted to the wiki?
>
> That gets you whatever the latest is, which is good if you want to live on
> edge.  I'm behind a firewall, and living on edge isn't necessarily a good
> option.

Have you tried this?

export http_proxy=http://yourproxy:yourport
git clone http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber

git checkout SHA-of-the-rev-you-want

> Would it be too much to ask if you could tag the repo when you jump
> to a new release, like David is doing with rspec?

Absolutely - I'll tag it when there is a release. And push a gem to
RubyForge. But there hasn't been one yet.

> Github lets you download a snapshot of the repo by tags, and I just build
> the gems from that, and toss them up into a behind-the-firewall gem server,
> and let everyone gem install from there.  It's a bit harder with cucumber,
> because I'm not sure where the "released, stable" point is ...

It's whenever I feel like it and have some spare time :-) Probably
within the next week or so.

Aslak