[rspec-users] Variance in behaviour: rake features vs. autotest

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Nov 27 12:47:27 EST 2008

Ben Mabey wrote:

> would be extremely helpful for your insights to be added to the wiki to
> help other people who are beginning and will probably have the same
> questions you have had.

As soon as I have an insight, my wife will faint...

I would love to assist in this manner, the difficulty being that at
present I posses no idea what settings the default cucumber behaviour
maps to.  Further, it is evident that changing one setting in
cucumber.yml, or perhaps setting any setting in it, changes the default
behaviour in non-intuitive ways.  For example, an empty cucumber.yml
file causes autotest to display results one way while simply setting the
libraries to load (-r lib) alters the autotest result display.  The
connection between these two events, although undeniable, is not
evident.