[rspec-users] Spec'ing via features

Tim Walker walketim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 19:09:13 EST 2008

Since Cucumber is about BDD and defining the "acceptable and desired
behavior" of the software through plain english (executable
requirements if you will) it is not always clear what "level" the
steps will implement.

In the case of Rails testing out of the box this maps roughly to:
1) unit tests - models
2) functional tests - controllers
3) integration tests - multiple controllers/models

In Cucumber we're not really drawing those lines so clearly and tests
will draw on some or more of each of these levels.

Is this accurate?

Thanks,

Tim