[rspec-users] autospec broken - non-rails project

Mark Wilden mark at mwilden.com
Tue Nov 25 17:30:40 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale at gmail.com>wrote:

> 'undefined method describe' error.

This has nothing to do with your problem, but I thought it was kind of
funny. I was working on a little non-Rails project myself, and got the
'undefined method describe' error with the following code:

require 'rubygems'
require 'spec'

describe 'nothing' do
  it 'should fail' do
    1.should == 2

What was especially frustrating was that this code worked perfectly well in
irb. I got as far as composing a message to post here, when I realized that
perhaps spec.rb was not the best name for this file. :)