[rspec-users] Spec'ing via features

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Tue Nov 25 16:27:11 EST 2008

Zach Dennis wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 4:06 PM, James Byrne <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>
>> James Byrne wrote:

>>> Forgive my misapprehension.
>>>
>> So, where does one find a comprehensive list of expectations for
>> cucumber step matchers?  Things like:
>>
>> response.body.should +~ \pattern\
>>

> Cucumber doesn't supply those. You can use whatever tool you want to
> do the job. RSpec, test/unit, assert 2.0, etc.. could all be used. You
> may have to include something into "World" to get the methods
> available from your tool of choice, but I use RSpec and haven't had to
> do that (just guessing)...

Cucumber has some examples on how to use other testing frameworks:
http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/tree/89c56b13f09d5293b738c3f3feb0ed08af8a43ce/examples%2Ftest_unit%2Ffeatures%2Fstep_definitions%2Ftest_unit_steps.rb

The previous gem releases of cucumber required the rspec gem but as of a
few commits ago that dependency is only there for developing cucumber.

-Ben