[rspec-users] Spec'ing via features

Zach Dennis zach.dennis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 10:36:49 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Raimond Garcia <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> Wow, if that's it in a nutshell... :)
>> Pat
> Thanks Pat, great summary.
> I have to admit that I'm as crazy as Yehuda,
> and believe that all we need are just acceptance tests,
> at different layers of abstraction, for clients and developers.

There are different ways to ensure code works at different layers of
abstraction. One might even call these ATs for clients, and specs for
developers. ;)

That's not to say that you couldn't simply write Cucumber scenarios
for both of these levels. But it's important to point out that the end
goal is the same, the means and tools used to get there may use
different approaches.

I am glad that in this community there are such diverse opinions on
how-to approach delivering quality software. It pushes the envelopes,
challenges what we know now, and makes us each better at our craft.