[rspec-users] Test::Unit Functional failure puzzle

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Nov 24 12:56:14 EST 2008

Matt Wynne wrote:

> Make sense?
> Matt

Yes.  I am afraid that my original post is based upon a naive sense of
how things work in this environment.  Clearly, whenever one is dealing
with human input then the possibility of incomplete, contradictory, or
simply wrong data must be accommodated as elegantly as is possible.  I
was overmuch concerned with testing at that moment to give the other
issues their due.

I have since run across the construct shown below and have used it in
the functional test rather than changing the controller code for
testing.

# This code extends the subject controller to
# display errors raised in the controller code
# in the test results
require 'clients_controller'
class ClientsController; def rescue_action(e) raise e end; end
# back to our test