[rspec-users] Missing method implementation_backtrace

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 22:20:04 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 5:47 PM, rubyphunk <rubyphunk at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> same problem here. I always used "example.implementation_backtrace" in
> a custom formatter to find out to which spec file a passing example
> belongs to.
> Is there another way to get the file path?

Looking through the code I see the name was changed to
example_backtrace, and I can see why it was changed to that. In fact,
looking closer I really think it should just be backtrace.

I'm going to change it to #backtrace, rdoc it up to formalize its
place in the world as an API method, and, in the interest of playing
nice w/ NetBeans, reinstate a deprecated implementation_backtrace that
delegates to backtrace.

Rubyphunk, what you can do in the short run is alias
implementation_backtrace, example_backtrace, but you'll have to change
that for the next release. Sorry about the churn, but this was really
not a formally public method to begin with. Now we will make it so.

Cheers,
David