[rspec-users] RSpec, TestUnit, Cucumber and Autotest

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Nov 20 13:52:28 EST 2008

Peter Jaros wrote:

> In RSpec, if you have failing examples which you don't actually want
> to deal with yet, you can make them pending, and Autotest will ignore
> the fact that they're not working.  I don't think Test::Unit provides
> an equivalent feature, though.
>
> Peter

Yes, and no.  You can emulate a pending test by creating an empty
method:

  def test_should_show_me
    #TODO Pending
  end

As you imply, this will not show in the test run output.  It does show
up with the rake notes task though:

$ rake notes
(in ~/Software/Development/Projects/proforma.git)
test/functional/clients_controller_test.rb:
  * [ 33] [TODO] Pending