[rspec-users] Missing method implementation_backtrace

Ben Fyvie ben.fyvie at champsoftware.com
Thu Nov 20 13:44:36 EST 2008

We just upgraded from rspec version 1.1.4 to rspec version 1.1.11 and found
that this no longer exists:

# File lib/spec/example/example_methods.rb, line 84
      def implementation_backtrace
        eval("caller", @_implementation)
      end

I don't really know what this method is for and don't really care that it is
gone; however, Netbeans 6.5 does care that it is gone and is not able to run
tests without it.  As a temporary band-aid I have added the method back
locally.  I was wondering if someone could enlighten me as to why the method
was removed?

Thanks!

Ben Fyvie