[rspec-users] RSpec, TestUnit, Cucumber and Autotest

Peter Jaros peter.a.jaros at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 12:12:19 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Ben Mabey <ben at benmabey.com> wrote:

> James Byrne wrote:
>> It is not immediately clear to me whether this behaviour is
>> intended or not.  Can someone provide the answer?
> After reading the wiki I think what you are seeing is the expected
> behaviour.  I don't think it is suppose to run the features until all your
> tests are passing.

Yes, that's the intended behavior.  According to that workflow, if
you've got unit tests failing, that's what you should be working on.

In RSpec, if you have failing examples which you don't actually want
to deal with yet, you can make them pending, and Autotest will ignore
the fact that they're not working.  I don't think Test::Unit provides
an equivalent feature, though.