[rspec-users] Examples using cucumber, celerity, rspec

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 17:43:56 EST 2008

On Nov 17, 2008, at 1:00 am, Alvin Schur wrote:

> I created some simple examples using cucumber, celerity, and rspec
> to verify the behaviour of a web application.
> The examples include:
>   * verifying javascript ran on page load
>   * verifying results of AJAX calls
>   * responding to alerts and confirm dialog boxes
>   * accessing iframes
> The examples are located at: http://github.com/alvinschur/celerity-examples/tree/master
> Many thanks to core team for the great tools.  Thanks to Ashley
> Moran for the slides and code using celerity, rspec, and cucumber.
> http://aviewfromafar.net/2008/10/2/geekup-sheffield-vi-from-specification-to-success
> Feedback and improvements are welcome.

Hi Alvin

That looks like the start of a useful reference!  I've started - and
as soon as I get work back under control, I'll continue with - a
series called Adventures in MerBDDland[1].  That will focus on
speccing Merb + Dojo with Cucumber, RSpec and Celerity.  You may wish
to keep an eye on it in case you want to extract more examples for
your repo.

BTW I never knew you could do this:

Thanks for the tip - not tried it yet though.  I assume this works
faster than the Celerity FAQ example of sleeping in a loop until Ajax
has completed?

[1] http://aviewfromafar.net/tags/merbddland