[rspec-users] Autospec only runs specs in spec/models/ folder

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 14:39:51 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Wayne Soh <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Where do I change the mappings of the specs in my rails app.
> rspec/lib/autotest/rspec.rb?
> Given the latest versions in rspec, what is the bare minimum
> plugins/gems that I need to run autospec. I've been playing around and
> installing too much stuff into my app that I'm confused :P

All you need to do this is rspec-rails, rspec, and ZenTest.

If you look at lib/autotest/rails_rspec.rb, you'll see how RailsRspec
clears and resets the mappings between spec files and their associated
application code files. Take a look at that and see if it makes sense
to you. If so, you can follow a similar path with your own mappings in
a .autotest file at the root of your project.