[rspec-users] undefined method `white_list_sanitizer'

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 13:02:53 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Matt McNeil <nabble at mattmcneil.org> wrote:

> Hi there,
> After upgrading to the latest Rails RC (2.2.0) and rspec 1.1.11, I'm getting
> the following error in my specs (but not in the application itself):
>
> NoMethodError in 'ApplicationHelper#truncate_text truncates text to 270
> characters'
> undefined method `white_list_sanitizer' for

This may be related to a bug that was fixed (in git) after the 1.1.11 release:

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/600

http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/commit/a37751b8c7a1dc33bc104725845845f032772e24

Give this a go and see if it solves  your problem (assumes you have
hoe installed):

git clone git://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec.git
cd rspec
rake gem
rake install_gem

Thanks,