[rspec-users] Cucumber - how to spec a quick search box

Mikel Lindsaar raasdnil at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 05:12:03 EST 2008

Hello all.
Wondering if anyone else has solved this.

Some websites (including the intranet app I am working on) have a form in
the top corner of the site that is buttonless. If you focus on this form
enter text and hit enter, it submits.  usually used for quick search boxes.

Question, has anyone managed to tie that into a cucumber feature?

Scenario: Using the quick search box
  Given I am logged in
  And I visit the home page
  And there is someone called 'Bob Smith' to search for
  When I put 'Bob Smith' into the quick search box
  And I hit enter
  Then I should be shown the search results page
  And there should be 'Bob Smith' on the page

it's the 'And I hit enter' that is bugging me :)

Any ideas?

Mikel

--
http://lindsaar.net/