[rspec-users] webrat cannot find label?

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Thu Nov 13 16:54:11 EST 2008

On Thu, November 13, 2008 14:59, James B. Byrne wrote:

> So, as far as I can make out, given the webrat API specifies that a
> label is an acceptable target, this should work.  But it evidently
> does not.  Is this a webrat problem then?

It seems as if I have run into two separate webrat problems.  One is
reported as ticket 28 and is fixed by the patch submitted by ticket 29.
This involves not having the input field tags nested within the associated
label tags.  However, even with this cured the locator still returns a nil
object for the select, whether searched for by label or by name, causing a
failure so there is still a problem with webrat.  Does anyone have any
workarounds that they can suggest?

Canada  L8E 3C3