[rspec-users] Skipped steps running stealthily

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 13:02:20 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Peter Jaros <peter.a.jaros at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just noticed that my "skipped" steps are actually running, but
> their errors are being swallowed.  They can print to the screen,
> however.  Is that intentional?  It's certainly not what I was
> expecting.  I assumed skipped steps were...skipped.

Swallowing the errors is intentional, because once a previous step is
either pending or failing, subsequent failures/successes don't really
mean anything.

Perhaps the thing to do is really skip them. If you think that is the
way to go, please add a ticket.

Another possibility would be to really skip these by default, but have
a flag that runs and reports all steps (even the ones that are
currently skipped). I can imagine that this would be useful in
debugging, but I wouldn't want it to be the default because of the
unnecessary noise it would create most of the time.