[rspec-users] testing an action which requires picture

Ramon Tayag ramon.tayag at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 06:53:27 EST 2008

I suggest doing those tests in the model, not in the controller.  Just
do that fixture thing for the controller spec to pass.  But pass the
same thing in the model.  Here's a sample of how I do it

require File.expand_path(File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../spec_helper')

describe ProductImage do
  before(:all) do
    @valid_attributes = {
      :uploaded_data => fixture_file_upload("100x100.jpg",'image/jpg'),
      :product_id => 1
    }
    @product_image = ProductImage.create(@valid_attributes)
  end

  it "should create a new instance given valid attributes" do
    ProductImage.create!(@valid_attributes)

Ramon Tayag