[rspec-users] rspec-users Digest, Vol 29, Issue 48

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Wed Nov 12 13:24:21 EST 2008

On: Wed Nov 12 12:46:54 EST 2008, Mark Wilden mark at mwild wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:27 AM, James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-
> lyne.ca> wrote:
>> Feature: Manage entities  # features/manage_entities.feature
> This is just a side note, but is "manage entities" really a feature? It
> sounds pretty vague. I'm not experienced with cucumber, so I don't know
> if that's typical usage.

I am open to any suggestions as to how to better describe this artifact.
Essentially we have a design wherein the concept of a legal entity
predominates and then those entities are assigned "roles" such as client,
vendor, employee. etc.  As part of the prototyping process we have a
requirement to create and delete these instances by hand, independent of
any role.  The decision is not yet made whether this capability will be
required, or even desired, in the finished system; although I rather
suspect that it will persist if only as an administrator's tool.

Nonetheless, in this particular case it is coded, it works, and I have
chosen it to begin learning the process of BDD/TDD here.  I realize
however that nomenclature can have a very large impact on how a conceptual
expression develops and so I am most interested in seeing whether there
exists a better way to describe this.

Canada  L8E 3C3