[rspec-users] what triggers "./script/autospec" to kick in? when I change my model it doesn't always retest

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 19:46:36 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Greg Hauptmann
<greg.hauptmann.ruby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know what exactly trigger autospec to rerun tests?
> I ask as I have a model file that has spec tests

Please don't say "spec tests" lest you desire being banned from the
list. Choose any of "specs," "tests" or even "rspec tests" but "spec
tests" is like nails on a chalkboard to my eyes :)

> for it, but I've
> noticed when I fix the line in the model file it's not automatically
> retriggering a retest (where I'd expect to see a pass whereas before
> it was a fail).  If I close autospec & restart it then it gives the
> pass.

autospec is a thin wrapper around autotest, so the issue is one of
autotest mappings.

What are the actual filenames and what directories are they in?