[rspec-users] Mixing in spec helper methods

Nick Hoffman nick at deadorange.com
Tue Nov 11 19:25:11 EST 2008

I've written a module for my specs that contains a helper method, and
am mixing the module into my specs with #include . It seems that the
method must be called with an #it block. If it isn't, this error occurs:

... in `method_missing': undefined method
`it_should_behave_like_an_action_that_sets_the_flash_notice' for
Spec::Rails::Example::ControllerExampleGroup::Subclass_1:Class
(NoMethodError) from ./spec/controllers/properties_controller_spec.rb:8

Is there a way to call my helper method from outside of an #it block?
Here's the code:
http://pastie.org/312680

Thanks!
Nick