[rspec-users] Installing rspec, cucumber, et al.

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue Nov 11 15:16:57 EST 2008

On Tue, November 11, 2008 15:05, David Chelimsky wrote:

> You must have installed rspec during the short time we were using
> git-submodules.
> You'll want to remove them and reinstall as plugins (or as gems).
> Here's some info on un-doing git-submodules:

Removing git submodules is well-practised art for me, much to my
embarassment.  However, I would like the present situation with respect to
rspec and rspec-rails clarified for me.  I seem to recall that at some
point one had to have rspec installed as a plugin if one intended to use
rspec-rails, which also had to be installed as a plugin.  Has this
situation been altered, are gems alone now sufficient?

Canada  L8E 3C3