[rspec-users] any way to have a different SOUND from growl for a 'pass' rather than a 'fail' when using "./script/autospec" ???

Steven Rogers srogers1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 20:56:32 EST 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 6:03 PM, Greg Hauptmann wrote:

> I'm on Mac too - so it may be as simple as changing the Growl
> Preferences to get this working then?
> (assuming I'm using vanilla Rspec gem).

One easy way is to use qp - a command line utility for playing
QuickTIme sounds. It's been removed from it's original home, but you
can get it from the wayback machine:

go to http://www.archive.org/index.php

and search for:  http://www.ed.com/qp/QP.dmg.gz

then you can use qp in the script to play a sound file based on the
event.

SR