[rspec-users] Running an entire #describe block

Mark Wilden mark at mwilden.com
Mon Nov 10 17:12:47 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Nick Hoffman <nick at deadorange.com> wrote:

> On 2008-11-10, at 14:06, Mark Wilden wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Nick Hoffman <nick at deadorange.com>
>> wrote:
>> I know that it's possible to run a single spec example (IE: #it block)
>> with the -e option for script/spec . Is it possible to run an entire context
>> (IE: #describe block)?
>> Use the -l option to specify the line number of the describe call.
>> ///ark
> Hi Mark. I've tried -l (that's a lower-case "L"), but it never executes any
> specs. Am I using it wrong?:
> http://pastie.org/311721

I have to admit that I don't use -l to run a describe block very often, but
it does seem to work when I do. However, after playing around a bit, I found
that -l works on the innermost block, but not on enclosing blocks (0
examples), which matches what you're seeing. So I guess it only works with
the innermost block. Rats.