[rspec-users] Specs for authorisation

Nick Hoffman nick at deadorange.com
Mon Nov 10 16:44:19 EST 2008

I'm writing specs to check that certain user types are authorised to
access certain controller actions. In addition to writing specs for
authorised user types and for users who aren't logged-in, I feel that
I should write specs for all of the other user types. However, the
number of examples that must be written quickly soars as the number of
user types and controller actions increase.

Other than writing methods and/or shared examples to mock and stub
logging different types of users in, what can be done to reduce the
size of the spec files...or should I not care about that?