[rspec-users] [Cucumber] The User Story File

Joseph Wilk josephwilk at joesniff.co.uk
Sat Nov 8 09:06:29 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 2:30 AM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Josh Knowles <joshknowles at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 9:24 AM, aidy lewis <aidy.lewis at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> >> The customer is not happy about writing Stories in a text editor.
> >>
> >> Has anyone else experienced this? Is anyone using a wiki, spreadsheet,
> >> or word document and automatically converting to a text file?
> >
> > As Aslak mentioned there are lots of tools to come, but I just figured
> > I'd throw out there that at weplay we pair with our customers on the
> > initial generation of the feature files, once that is done we've given
> > them a GitHub account and both the Business Owner and our QA will go
> > in and tweak the feature files from within the GitHub web-based
> > editor.
> Holy crap! I didn't know they had that.
> Josh - thanks for pointing this out - this changes a LOT!
> Next step ....
> Write a post commit hook to fire a message off to your build machine
> and have it run all the scenarios and email you the results. Sometimes
> everything will just pass. Sometimes you'll know you have new work to
> do.

Don't we already have this with something like cruisecontrol.rb [1]?
Checkout the code from Github, set it up as a project in cruisecontrol.
On any commit it will run the build and send emails if there were failures.

Where you thinking something different or am I missing something?

Joseph Wilk

[1] http://cruisecontrolrb.thoughtworks.com/