[rspec-users] any tricks re using " eql(5.5)", but where 5.5 is a decimal not float?

Zach Dennis zach.dennis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 21:18:53 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 9:12 PM, Greg Hauptmann
<greg.hauptmann.ruby at gmail.com> wrote:
> yep - this was recommended on forums over float - why?

You are in for a lot of headaches in you application resorting to
decimal fields in the database, since it restores them as BigDecimals.
It sucks to deal with BigDecimals in your app. I very highly recommend
the Money library. I recommend installing it as a plugin and using the
CollectiveIdea fork.

Even if all you do is take 20 minutes to check out the Money library
in a dummy app, I think you will be glad you did.