[rspec-users] [Cucumber] The User Story File

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Fri Nov 7 10:34:22 EST 2008

On 7 Nov 2008, at 14:42, aidy lewis wrote:
> On 07/11/2008, Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net> wrote:
>> Are you pairing with them? Can you not just drive and do the
>> typing, asking
>> them questions all the while to keep them engaged?
>
> Cucumber is now the standard here, with all projects using it. The
> guys who were using Watin have now moved to Watir.

Awesome! Looks like we snuck Ruby in!

You should give Aslak a quote for the website - having the BBC on
there will definitely give Cucumber some more gravitas.

> In most conditions, I will pair with the customer. In other projects
> the BA has been writing the acceptance criteria.
>
> I saw an example today in Excel; using the Given, When, Then format.

It would be pretty trivial to write something to copy excel to plain
text, but why bother? What's wrong with notepad?

>> I think David is cooking something up (have a look at his blog) but
>> it
>> might be a while coming.
>
> Thanks for heads up.
>>
>> If you can find a Mac, the TextMate text editor has nice syntax
>> highlighting (thanks to Ben Mabey) that make it look a bit prettier.
>
> As you know Matt a majority of users here are using Windows, but I
> could ask for a Mac. I would be grateful if you could send me a
> screenshot.

Will do off-list, and we can catch up. Are you coming to XP day?