[rspec-users] cucumber docs

Tim Walker walketim at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 20:02:07 EST 2008

Thank you very much Aslak. That looks great. FWIW I have taught a
class "Executable Requirements with FitNesse" as the director of
training and coaching at Valtech and on the faculty of agile
university. I went back to a real job recently and am now employed on
a new enterprise class RoR project as the requirements manager and QA
dude rolled in to one. In my analysis and discussions with others it
looks like we're putting a stake in the ground around Cucumber (having
passed through the Rails Integration testing, RubyFIT and other
approaches along the way). I'm sure we'll have lots of questions. It
really is awesome stuff and am looking forward to this project with
more excitement than I've felt in a long time (and I'm a fairly old
dude, programming in assembler, fortran, c and even 360/40 JCL in my
career). Seeing what you guys are doing is just over-the-top cool. BDD
is great, Domain Driven Design is great. Stuff I wish I knew 20 years
ago. Requirements are the tests that implement them, not a separate
SRS, they are the same thing. Literally. We want to do away with
defect tracking and just write tests that reproduce them and break the
build, treated like any other story. Your work makes all this
possible.

Sincerely,

Tim