[rspec-users] Testing variables in controllers?

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Thu Nov 6 10:37:34 EST 2008

You're exposing way too much of your model here, IMO. That is forcing
you to do all that noisy mocking setup in your before block.

Can you make a method on your user object like User#valid_submissions
and have that return the correct submissions?

How do you know whether the user is the profile owner?