[rspec-users] Testing variables in controllers?

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Thu Nov 6 10:37:34 EST 2008

woah!

You're exposing way too much of your model here, IMO. That is forcing
you to do all that noisy mocking setup in your before block.

Can you make a method on your user object like User#valid_submissions
and have that return the correct submissions?

How do you know whether the user is the profile owner?