[rspec-users] Design Pattern proposal for better Rails development

Maurício Linhares mauricio.linhares at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:55:54 EST 2008

I feel the same as Andrew, generalizing all calls to the model methods
is bad, as you're making the simple (and common) complicated just to
have the uncommon as possible.

If you're making a big change as changing a method name and adding a
new parameter, you're doing something new, it isn't the same thing or
the same feature anymore. Once you have placed a method as public in
your object it becomes part of the object's public API and this is
always going to be hard to change, that's why we have testing tools
like RSpec and refactoring proposals.

And isn't this making your controller code ugly? Do you have any
samples of this to exemplify what you're doing?

-
Maurício Linhares
http://alinhavado.wordpress.com/ (pt-br) | http://blog.codevader.com/ (en)
João Pessoa, PB, +55 83 8867-7208