[rspec-users] Design Pattern proposal for better Rails development

Fernando Perez lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Nov 5 09:28:34 EST 2008

> Hmmm, could you make a helper module and mix that into all three
> controllers?  Then there'd be just one place to change it.
Can you be more descriptive?

Let's say I have:

def show

def update

Now if I change the method name to find_if_subscribed in the model, then
necessarily I will have to change it twice in my controller, well I
could use a before_filter, but what if the method is also called in
other controllers? That's the main problem. How would you do that?