[rspec-users] no such file "spec/rake/spectask" even when rspec is install

Rob Lacey robl at mail.pigdestroyer.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 07:07:54 EST 2008

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help, I've recently moved a project over from
using an old version of the rspec and rspec-rails plugins to using the
gems. This worked seamlessly for both myself and another colleague. But
another colleague is now getting this problem.

no such file "spec/rake/spectask"

When trying to run the simplest of rake tasks. We've compared gem
versions and we all have duplicate setups as far as I can see, rspec and
rspec-rails gems appear to be installed fine. Is there anything else we
can try to find out what is missing?