[rspec-users] Cucumber: Why rake features needs to call db:test:prepare?

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 18:25:40 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Fernando Perez <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I am missing something here. Using PostgreSQL, when I remove this line
> from the rake task, I don't see the DB being populated although I do
> invoke create! on some models.

Vanilla Rails test:* tasks do the same, as do the rspec:* tasks.
db:test:prepare is a shortcut for running all the migrations from the
first to the last.

If you write a functional Test::Unit test and run rake
test:functionals - do you still have problems? If so - this is likely
not related to Cucumber.