[rspec-users] Cucumber: Why rake features needs to call db:test:prepare?

Fernando Perez lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Nov 4 18:16:03 EST 2008

I am missing something here. Using PostgreSQL, when I remove this line
from the rake task, I don't see the DB being populated although I do
invoke create! on some models.

When I use debug(@some_instance) I see its id gets increased, so there
is definitely some data already in the DB.

Why can't I see anything in the DB? Is it possible to mock models so
that the rake features doesn't have to recreate the test DB each time to
speed things up?

I am interested in replacing controller specs by webrat features. I
prefer the webrat's black box approach more for testing controllers and
views.

Would it be possible to have autotest trigger "rake features"?