[rspec-users] Caboosers drop RSpec

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 16:19:35 EST 2008

Fernando Perez <lists at ruby-forum.com> writes:

> As a starter, can someone tell me if the specs defined in
> restful_authentication are clever? Can I learn from them?
>
> Because right now I find them overwhelming, complicated, over-testing,
> etc.

I don't even use restful_auth, precisely because I thought the specs
sucked.  I remember checking it out, running the specs and stories and
there were like 400 specs and 60 stories or something.  It was like wtf
isn't this thing just doing authentication?

I've been working on giternal [1] a bit lately, which has specs and
cucumber features.  It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it's a
lot more accessible than restful_auth I think.  It's also been pretty
interesting to me, sometimes if I'm having trouble writing a story, I
try a lower-level example and it's trivial, and vice-versa.

Pat