[rspec-users] restful_auth and good rspec examples (was: Caboosers drop RSpec)

Fernando Perez lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Nov 4 16:05:22 EST 2008

Thank you Ben, my doubts about restful_auth specs have been confirmed.

I think having a good solid Rails app, with well written specs to learn
from is what prevents its adoption. I myself have got pissed a thousand
times not knowing how to write a spec for a very simple piece of code.
So I simply write code and don't care about testing it as I don't know
how to test it.

I would have one piece of advice to give: please remove rcov. This thing
entices people to write shit loads of useless specs. 100% code coverage
of poorly written specs doesn't prevent bugs nor does it guaranty secure
code, so please trash it.

I would like to know: does anyone in this mailing-list actually never
ever writes a single line of code before having written its spec(s)? In
other words: do you fully comply to TDD or do you sometimes break the
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.