[rspec-users] Caboosers drop RSpec

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:05:37 EST 2008

Fernando Perez <lists at ruby-forum.com> writes:

>> A poor craftsman blames his tools.
>>
> And the poor toolmaker blames the craftsman for being too stupid to
> understand how to use his tools.
>
> You say these guys should have come over and posted to this mailing-list
> or submitted bugs. But when I read the posts here, most of the time,
> when someone has a problem he gets pointed to the unfriendly
> documentation pages or worse, the very thin docs available at github.
>
> That doesn't really motivate people to share their experiences with
> RSpec, and when they do, rspec supporters treat them as "whiners".

hrm...I'm not going to argue with your experience, but I will say that
mine has shown the complete opposite.  The RSpec list is a damn good one
in my opinion, thanks to people like David, Aslak, Ben, Scott, Ashley,
Matt, Joseph...and those are just a few off the top of my head.  We've
got a good little community here, and I'm proud to be a part of it.
It's unfortunate that others have a less enjoyable experience than I
have - what can we do to fix that?

As far as the linked article goes, well, we're all trying to create
great software.  If something is keeping you from doing that, you either
fix it or look somewhere else.  And it's important to recognize that
either choice is okay - we all have limited amounts of time and energy.

Pat