[rspec-users] Better RSpec newbie documentation (was: Caboosers drop RSpec)

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Tue Nov 4 11:20:47 EST 2008

On 4 Nov 2008, at 16:09, Stephen Eley wrote:
>> Pat, Ashley, David and Aslak give quite share of their time answering
>> those emails, do a search and you will find out.
> That's not a replacement for good documentation.  You have to have a
> certain grounding before you can even figure out where to go and what
> questions to ask -- and I don't feel the most visible resources for
> that grounding are as good as they could be.

This is a point I've made before (and David has rightly pointed me at
the source of the rspec.info website), but I'm now so immersed in
RSpec myself I would find it hard to see the gaps in the
documentation, I think. Plus I'm lazy, and, y'know, busy at work.

I almost wonder whether it would be worth ripping up the rspec.info
site and pointing everyone at the github wiki, then putting some real
effort into making that as good as it can be.

Just a thought.