[rspec-users] Caboosers drop RSpec

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 10:55:56 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Fernando Perez <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> A poor craftsman blames his tools.
>>
> And the poor toolmaker blames the craftsman for being too stupid to
> understand how to use his tools.
>
> You say these guys should have come over and posted to this mailing-list
> or submitted bugs. But when I read the posts here, most of the time,
> when someone has a problem he gets pointed to the unfriendly
> documentation pages or worse, the very thin docs available at github.

Oh, your statement is wrong.

There are plenty of threads in this list, and also rspec-devel that
span across 20 or 30 messages to help other users solve RSpec issues
or deal with BDD concepts.

Pat, Ashley, David and Aslak give quite share of their time answering
those emails, do a search and you will find out.

> That doesn't really motivate people to share their experiences with
> RSpec, and when they do, rspec supporters treat them as "whiners".

A whiner can recognize other whiners, I love to whine about things
(and rant about them too), but I first came to the list, ask, and when
noone answers, *then* I whine.

Given a problem I have with RSpec
And I post to the mailing list
When noone answer my post
And has been N days since I posted
Then I start whining in my blog about it

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17