[rspec-users] Testing a wizard with Cucumber

Andrew Premdas apremdas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 10:41:34 EST 2008

Assuming you have a multi-step wizard like thing, with lots of different
states and paths through it. What approach would your use to write a feature
for it? What I want to do is do the separate states and then reuse these
things in more complex scenarios that cover paths. For example
Scenario: State A
   Given I'm ...
   And I'm ...
   When I ...
   Then I should see
   And I at state A

Now I'd like to reuse this to make my scenario from going from A to B
shorter e.g

Scenario: Test A to B
  Given State A
  When I ...

Instead of

Scenario: Test A to B
   Given I'm ...
   And I'm ...
   When I ...
   Then I should see
   And I at state A
   When I ...

Is this possible? Do you have any other pointers about simplifying and
organising complex scenarios? Thanks in advance...