[rspec-users] BDD problems (Re: Caboosers drop RSpec)

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 09:11:24 EST 2008

On 4 Nov 2008, at 13:25, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> I wish people would seek out the developers (mailing list, bug
> tracker) before they go out and whine. See my comment in the blog
> post.

RSpec seems to be a victim of "when I do BDD wrong, RSpec makes my
tests fragile/confusing/verbose, so I'll use something else and then I
must be doing BDD right".

There's a BarCamp in my area soon[1], which will have quite a lot of
Rubyists (not that that's essential).  Maybe there'd be some merit in
offering a "How to diagnose BDD problems from spec problems" session?

If that sounds like something worth doing let me know.  Not that
anyone here would attend (apart from Rahoul, maybe, he's the only
person I know here that is local to me), but I could gather ideas, and
post the slides back later.

[1] http://barcampsheffield.net/