[rspec-users] Setting session values

Steven Line lists at ruby-forum.com
Sun Nov 2 10:54:36 EST 2008

Steve wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:29:39 -0400, Jonathan Linowes wrote:
>
>> i've done this in controller specs
>>
>> session[:whatever] = something
>> do_it
>>

> Yeah, I did that, and it was turning up nil when I actually made the
> request.

I know your post was from over a year ago, but I'll post this anyway.  I
think the problem with Radiant is that in the SiteController it has

session :off

as the first line.  So sessions will be disabled for any controller than
inherits from SiteController as I understand it.  My next step is to
figure out why and see if re-enabling sessions is safe.