[rspec-users] RSpecing a ‘binary’

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) shot at hot.pl
Sat Nov 1 17:49:18 EDT 2008

Ashley Moran:

> When I've written command-line tools, I've done exactly this. Use
> Dir.tmpdir to give you a working space to hold any input/output files,
> and call it with Kernel#` to capture its STDOUT.

Thanks a lot, Ashley! This is what I’m going to do, then. :)

I’ve just finished watching Rick Bradley’s ‘flog << Test.new’
presentation¹ from Ruby Hoedown 2008, and the first part (past
the introduction) is about how he RSpeced the flog binary – also
most informative!

¹ http://rubyhoedown2008.confreaks.com/11-rick-bradley-flog-test-new.html

-- Shot
I've been almost exclusively hand-coding my JavaScript these
past 4 or 5 months, and I've come to the conclusion that this
experience has permanently altered my neurochemistry in some
strange, pseudo-Stockholm Syndrome kind of way.    -- Amy Hoy