[rspec-users] Failing rspec story not causing a CruiseControl.rb build to fail?

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Tue May 27 13:07:23 EDT 2008

Pat Maddox wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Sean Miller <sean at seanmiller.ca> wrote:
>
>> We've just added rspec stories to our CruiseControl.rb build.  When there's a failing scenario we see the failure in the log output, but it doesn't cause the CruiseControl build to fail.  We've also just upgraded to the latest rspec version, 1.1.4, which fixes rspec bug 228, but the CC.rb build is still passing.
>>
>> Has anyone got failing rspec stories making CruiseControl.rb fail?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sean Miller.

> I wasn't aware that CC.rb integrated with story runner yet.  Are you
> sure it does?
>
> Pat

To integrate with CC.rb all is that required is that your build
task/process exits with the appropriate code (0 or non-zero for
failing.)   I originally made the patch so that we could integrate it
with CC.rb...

Sean, if you run the stories from the command line and it fails what is
the exit code?  (run the stories and type 'echo $?' to find out.)  If
you can verify that the exit code is correct then the problem might be
with your cc.rb rake task.  Maybe you could post it?  Also, what version
of ruby are you using?  I have heard that a recent version of ruby had
an at_exit bug, so try it on different versions of ruby to see if it is
environment specific.

-Ben