[rspec-users] Modules will no longer be automatically included in RSpec version 1.1.4

Tim Glen tim at pivotib.com
Mon May 26 19:54:09 EDT 2008

On 23-May-08, at 6:23 PM, Pat Maddox wrote:

> RSpec currently includes the described module so that you can call
> methods directly. It will no longerdo that automatically, so you'll
> have to manually include the module if you want these direct calls.
>
> Rails helpers are defined in modules, so that's why this is showing
> up.

So I find myself wondering - is this the case for just helper modules
or all modules? For instance, I have a module which gets included into
some controllers, but I'd like to spec against it directly so I don't
have in those other controllers... I'm not sure how to set this up.
What's the best practice?

I'm on Rails 2.0.2 and just updated to the fresh Rspec 1.1.4

thanks,
tim