[rspec-users] View Specs vs. Stories

Josh Knowles joshknowles at gmail.com
Fri May 23 18:00:54 EDT 2008

On 5/23/08, Mark Dodwell <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Do RSpec stories make view specs redundant? Does anybody spec their
>  views *and* use stories, and if so how?
>
>  Any views (no pun intended) appreciated.

Our team has been talking a lot about this subject recently as we made
a decision at the beginning of the project to skip view specs in favor
of stories which has left us with a suite of stories which is now
taking roughly 5 minutes to run.  Upon investigation I've noticed that
many of our stories are things that a simple view-spec would cover,
and am now starting to move logic back into view specs.

--
Josh Knowles
phone: 509-979-1593
email:  joshknowles at gmail.com