[rspec-users] RailsExampleGroup

Yi Wen hayafirst at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:53:43 EDT 2008

So I have a describe which is a subclass of RailsExampleGroup. I inserted
some data into my database, and reconnect! my connection. Before reconnect,
finding the data I just created is fine. The data cannot be found, after
reconnection, the data is gone. It's not in the database. It looks to me the
data is not actually inserted into the DB at all, just somehow buffered
somewhere. Would anybody know why? thanks.

Now the workaround is to have a separate class doing all DB operations, but
I am still curious why RSpec does this, for speed reason?

Yi